Here at Goodwill, your work helps to change the lives of people with barriers to employment. Working at Goodwill gives you opportunities to learn and grow through advancement opportunities and training. You can expect to build relationships with team members, follow processes and procedures, and see the real impact you are having on the lives of others.
The Operations Manager is a full-time position that is responsible for daily supervision and direction of the truck drivers and warehouse staff as well as all activities involved in the transportation, delivery, and storage of donated goods from the DG processing area.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising Baler area staff and functions
- Responsible for loading broker trucks and completing corresponding paperwork
- Assist with staff concerns, interviews, hiring, training and evaluating all employees in area of responsibility, in conjunction with the Director of Operations
- Plans and directs the activities of Transportation, Salvage and Warehouse staff to ensure efficient and productive flow of materials is processed daily to meet the needs of the agency
- Responsible for all scheduled truck, tractor and trailer maintenance and repair and the records keeping for this activity
- Schedules transportation routes, deliveries and pic-ups
- Maintains operational, employee and mechanical compliance with all local, state and federal transportation guidelines, rules and regulations
- May be called on to drive a semi-tractors with or without trailer on various scheduled routes
- Assist Director of Operations in maintaining accurate warehouse inventories to ensure raw goods are available for processing and distribution
- Oversee the loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing materials in the plant and all warehouses
- Performs forklift training for all operators, maintain records and scheduled maintenance for all the forklifts
- Serve as a liaison with store management to ensure their needs are met, i.e. donated goods, supplies, etc.
- High school graduate/GED
- Minimum of two years successful work experience in related activities
- Two years of successful supervisory experience
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
- Must have a good understanding of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have acceptable criminal and DMV background
- Must be able to achieve certification as a Forklift Trainer
You are eligible for a Personal Day, Birthday day off, paid holidays upon hire with eligibility for health and dental insurance after 60 days and so much more. So come and join our Goodwill family!
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.