Distribution Center Tech Intern
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Read electrical drawings, equipment and processes flow diagrams. Apply the drawing and documentation specifics to equipment.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting and determine best course of action for repairs. Evaluate mechanical systems that are not working correctly and make recommendations for repairs.
- Will perform various tasks and project work in support of the Two Rivers Distribution Technical Team. Projects will vary from building maintenance activities, exposure to computer and network support and assisting Dakota Cold Storage as needed.
- Under direct supervision of TRD Technicians complete preventive maintenance tasks and participate in trouble shooting and repair of equipment.
- Communicate problem-solving data and self-start the learning process for new areas. Must show initiative by asking questions to gain knowledge.
- Required to work in a cold environment. Position requires walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching and handling and the ability to lift, push, and pull up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer experience.
- Must be able to work independently at times, follow detailed instructions and complete assigned tasks timely.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60 lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching and handling.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required