Survey Crew Chief
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us—and will continue to allow us—to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
You are passionate about:
Knowledge of Construction methods for construction staking
You bring to the team:
Passion for detailed work
Strong communication skills
Ability to lead and work well on a team
5+ years of surveying experience required
As a Crew Chief on the Survey Team, you will perform preliminary surveys, boundary surveys, control surveys, construction staking, and perform as-built surveys. You will supervise survey crew personnel in the field, be able to read and interpret plan sets, perform calculations, perform some civil 3D drafting, communicate well with other staff and clients and be able to make decisions in the field under the supervision of a licensed surveyor. Five years experience as a survey crew chief is desired.
This role will include traveling to job sites in all terrains and may require some overnight travel.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements