At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Interface with regional distributor representatives including but not limited to Marketing Associates, Territory Managers, District Sales Managers, and Center of Plate Specialist. Will develop and maintain relationships to generate and grow sales. The taking and processing of sales orders are handled through a sales order desk and not part of the Sales Representative’s job duties. This position is responsible for and will handle questions, complaints and other customer needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage schedules for distributor representatives in order to perform presentations with restaurants, casinos, hotels, and other food service venues. Coordinate meetings and monitor product flow for 8-12 distribution houses and 100 plus representatives nationwide. Responsible for follow up with customers regarding product and questions.
- Maintain and grow existing sales in 8-12 distribution houses while continuing to elevate sales growth in region. Working closely with management to meet goals and expectations set by owners of company.
- Required to be an asset to the company’s end customer regarding areas such as beef industry knowledge, technical trade verbiage, market trends, marketing, training and cost management.
- Participate in national trade show and regional food show activities. Interacts with potential leads, responds to inquiries and provides timely and appropriate follow up with customers in applicable regions.
- Required to travel for extended periods of time. Duties require position to be regularly engaged outside of the office in making sales calls, attending trade shows and marketing events. Nationwide and international travel required.
- Must maintain a valid, unexpired driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and remain insurable at all times through company insurance program.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to lead a team effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline from four-year College or University preferred.
- Ability to adapt to conflicting deadlines and priorities established by company demands.
- Excellent planning, organization, leadership, presentation, sales and negotiating, customer relations, decision making, and analytical skills. Maintains a high level of knowledge on relevant technical, scientific and market matters.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency. Experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Experience within the meat processing industry is preferred.
- A considerable degree of commercial awareness is important for effective negotiations and understanding of the factors involved in production, delivery, etc.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required