Director of Purchasing
The Director of Purchasing encompasses the planning and management of all activities involved in sourcing, procurement, conversion, and logistics management activities of inbound materials.
- Drive value added programs and new technologies for more efficient procurement activities and efficient programs like VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory), consignment purchase programs.
- Seeks opportunities to leverage the Company's volumes, knowledge, and relationships across multiple divisions.
- Collaborates with management team to conceive, create, develop, implement and monitor comprehensive and effective strategic plans to improve global sourcing initiatives and objectives.
- Reviews and approves purchases over a specified dollar amount as well as non-routine purchases. Directs strategic sourcing of raw materials and services that align with divisional goals and objectives. Effectively communicates globally with all executive levels and operational management to ensure that goals and objectives are being met.
- Manages logistics activities to include transportation strategy for inbound raw materials and finished goods.
- Develops KPI's (key performance indicators) for purchasing department.
- Effectively manages vendor pricing and audits with commination to other departments.
- Responsible for sourcing planning, including current inventory and forecast demand, in collaboration with all suppliers and company operational requirements.
- Manages purchasing department staff according to company standards (appraisals, training, development, discipline, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in purchasing and supply chain functions.
- Experience in leading and supervising professionals, both indirect and direct reports.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with computer software to include, but not limited to: ERP/MRP systems and Microsoft office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Power-Point.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills in order to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have the ability to work independently and perform work with minimal direction and supervision. Must have professional and effective English communication skills for verbal and written correspondence.
- Team player, self-starter, results-oriented and organized with a strong attention to detail; able to complete tasks and customer requests within a timely manner.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
IMKO Pro is the direct hire division of IMKO Workforce Solutions specializing in professional recruiting and permanent placement. Apply today for more information!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year