Systems Graphic Programmer
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Development and maintenance of graphical control systems. Plan, develop and implement new and existing graphic screens. Perform programming required to ensure an accurate and effective interface between graphics and control systems.
- Maintain control databases. Generate and analyze reports to be used for monitoring or troubleshooting different areas of plant operations. Analyze raw data to troubleshoot or discover inefficiencies that may be corrected or brought to the leadership team’s attention.
- Compile, track and analyze specific information related to areas such as motors and drives, utilities, oil and water. Prepare reports and information for display or distribution as directed by the leadership team. Information may consist of procedures, specifications and control data.
- Maintain backup systems such as historical servers containing a history of changes to control systems. Perform recovery activities as directed by management. Responsible for the archiving and storing of information.
- Manage security and passwords to users authorized to access control systems.
- Assist management in the development of new mechanical and electronic systems. Creating test environments and providing the necessary research and support required.
- Perform PLC programming as directed by management. Assist in the development of applications such as mobile apps for use in supporting plant.
- Working in Operations Center, will remotely monitor and operate industrial equipment. Records, documents and communicates information related to areas such as downtime, out of parameter conditions, testing, CIP and normal production which include startup and shut down of production. Working closely with plant personnel for smooth operation of plant.
- May act as backup and support and cover various areas of the control department as needed.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Strong analytical and evaluating skills to troubleshoot systems and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience with programming language such as visual basic and SQL. PLC and HMI programming.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees in written or verbal form.
- Experience in plant control systems within a manufacturing environment preferred but no required.
- 1-2 year technical degree preferred in a related area such as a SCADA or Electrical Mechanical program preferred.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required