Shift Supervisor - Emergency Shelter (Crittenton Center)
The Shift Supervisor position is a full-time position in our Emergency Shelter. The position schedule rotates between days and evenings. This position will provide overall coordination, implementation and supervision of programming for the Shelter and Youth Development Program. This position also is responsible for carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the agency’s policies. Some required duties include:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Participates in the development and implementation of daily programming, on-site, in school and in the community.
- Participates as part of a management team.
- Coordinates the scheduling of staff work hours, ensuring coverage at all times.
- Plans, assigns, and directs the work of staff.
- Completes and provides performance appraisals.
- Provides staff rewards and discipline, as appropriate.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
Position requires a High School diploma and related experience working with children/families. A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field is preferred. Spanish speaking applicants encouraged to apply. Salary is $12.00/hour, depending upon experience and education.
All positions require a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Please submit Resume and references to
PO Box 295 Sioux City, IA 51102 - 0295
Fax: 712-252-4743 Attn: Carmen