LaunchPAD Children's Museum is seeking an Executive Director
LaunchPAD Children’s Museum has an immediate opening for an Executive Director to
lead the museum into its next stage of growth and development. The ideal Executive
Director will create, lead and implement the institution’s mission to be Siouxland’s
champion of educational play and discovery.
This person is great at establishing relationships with donors, operates on logic, is
creative, and can deal with the stress and pressure of managing a non-profit
organization. They are accountable for the profit and loss and responsible for the
overall business plan of the museum.
ABOUT THE JOB (RESPONSIBILITIES)
The responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to, the
1. Cultivate and engage relationships with diverse constituents, including individuals,
corporations, foundations, other nonprofit organizations, government agencies and
local and regional educational institutions.
2. Drive sustainable growth and profits while remaining fiscally responsible. Strong
focus on donor relations.
3. Demonstrate progressive leadership experience in the education, nonprofit,
corporate and government sectors.
4. Market and elevate the museum’s mission, presence and brand locally and
5. Manage people and operations while empowering, motivating and mentoring
6. Quickly identify, articulate and solve problems, bottlenecks, disconnects,
roadblocks and barriers.
7. Set priorities and present issues and recommendations for Board review,
discussion, input and action.
• 4-Year Degree
• Experience as Executive Director or similar role
• Experience within a non-profit
• Experience with grant writing
• Excellent at managing teams
• Willingness to engage within the community and attend events as necessary
• Experience with fundraising
• Superior professionalism
• Positive and creative
To apply, email cover letter, resume and at least three professional references to: