Are you passionate about helping others? At Goodwill we help generate opportunities for people to achieve independence and dignity by offering job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, those who lack education nor job experience, and others who face challenges to finding employment.
Goodwill of the Great Plains is currently seeking a Part-Time Job Coach to help teach Job Candidates the specific worksite duties of assigned work areas as well as providing direction with regard to general work habits in order to help them prepare for, secure and maintain successful competitive employment. Job Coaches also provide support to clients in the Job Center by providing them a variety of job search resources.
Education and/or Experience
- High school or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in human services or related area is preferred
- Two years of work experience in human services field preferred
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Acceptable criminal and dependent adult/child abuse background checks
- Knowledge of dynamics of barriers to employment (i.e. homelessness, intellectual disability, learning disabilities)
- Strong computer proficiency
- Knowledge of skills needed for conducting job search and ability to conduct such searched online
- Knowledge of basic counseling and rehabilitation skills
- Ability to organize work and carry out community assignments independently
- Reliable personal transportation, valid drivers license, and proof of personal vehicle insurance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Pay, depending on experience, will be $13.25 - $13.75 an hour. You would be eligible for paid holidays and a Personal Day upon hire. You would also be eligible for other benefits at various time periods, including medical and dental insurance after 60 days of employment and participation in the 401k plan with a generous company match after one year.
EOE- Goodwill of the Great Plains provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.