Direct Support Professional
We are offering a $500.00 hiring bonus. Also earn $1.00 more per hour on Saturday/Sunday and our observed holidays.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential functions:
• Treat people we serve with dignity and respect.
• Assist in the development of community based experiences based upon persons served interests and staff’s skill (such as nutrition, money management, social security benefits, etc.).
• Advocate for persons served to be included within their communities, as they desire.
• Facilitate integration and community inclusion.
• Work as a team member with other staff to provide quality service to the people we serve through HCBS, SCL and other funding sources.
• Record direct persons served contact hours as instructed on all appropriate forms for efficient and cost-effective use of time.
• Provide physical assistance to persons receiving services when needed (example 1-2 persons lift to transfer from wheel chair).
• Documents persons served interactions and support interventions in the form of contact notes/Therap ISP data, incident reports, T-log timely and as instructed.
• Provide safe transportation and supports for persons to access their communities with alternate (safe) transportation methods.
• Be responsive to and provide emergency intervention for all persons receiving residential supports.
• Be responsible to the Residential Team Coordinator and other designated staff and keep them aware of persons served and/or staff support needs.
• Work cooperatively with other staff and with the person receiving services to provide supports needed and desired to achieve HCBS quality outcomes.
• Work cooperatively with the persons receiving services and all stake holders (as desired) and their community options team to support the person’s Person-Centered Plan.
• Must have authorized release before sensitive information is given pertaining to CWI, persons receiving services, and staff.
• Will be aware of and comply with all HIPAA regulations in coordination with the HIPAA Compliance Officer.
• Will abide by all CWI Corporate Compliance policies and Code of Ethics.
• Communicate staff schedule needs/changes to the Residential Team Coordinator and other designated staff responsible for scheduling, in a timely manner and arrange for replacements with independence (getting approval if it will cause overtime) except for emergency situations.