At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Performs required welding of various metals such as stainless, aluminum and iron per management direction. Will read blueprints, layouts and work orders to perform work within specification.
- Assist with assembly of equipment and may perform maintenance duties as directed.
- Will effectively use tools to perform activities of buffing, sanding and grinding.
- Uses various welding equipment, acetylene torches and sandblasting equipment to clean, cut, shape and weld parts.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes maintenance paperwork.
- Maintains clean work area. Follows all safety guidelines and standards to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Above average mechanical background and experience in servicing precision machine parts.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Position requires strong observation, analytical and evaluating skills to report on and troubleshoot various types of precision equipment.
- Qualified applicants must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain certification to operate material handling equipment (forklift, scissor lift, etc.) a plus.
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required