Senior Machine Design Engineer
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Develop detailed designs from high level concept.Manage process from conception to design completion and manufacturing prep. Activities also include but are not limited to delegation of work assignments and guidance to design drafters.
- Applies engineering principals to design, develop, or modify parts and machine equipment.
- Analyzes various design project requirements, collaborates with management on design iterations to achieve final objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate engineering principles are applied which may include various calculations such as strength of materials, weights, forces and stresses.
- Responsible for the creation of detailed manufacturing plans to achieve detailed design which includes bill of materials, assembly guides, drawings and manufacturing routing.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge base on equipment and processes in use by the company.
- Works with manufacturing and other departments to resolve vendor issues related to but not limited to commencement, execution and completion of designs.
- Provide oversight and general supervision to drafters, may also delegate tasks and projects
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Complex problem solving; must be self-motivated and detailed orientated with above average mechanical skills.
- Advanced mathematics.
- Strong analytic and presentation skills.
- Ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
- Must be assertive and self-directed with ability to bring new ideas and technology forward.
- Experience in computer aided drafting software including 3-D Modeling.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors as necessary, both verbally and in written form.Must be able to present information clearly and concisely and be able to work in a strong team environment.
- 5 plus year’s relevant experience within relative industry.Leadership or supervisor experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from four-year College or University preferred.Well-rounded, practical experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.