Sawing Machine Operator
- Cuts material on table by placing on a table manually or using a hoist. Positions and secures material on sawing machine to guide material against saw. Turns controls to set cutting speed, feed rate, blade tension, and to adjust tilt of blade on table.
- Measure material to mark for cuts and to verify accuracy of cuts using rulers, squares and other measuring devices. May be required to interpret a blue print.
- Maintains equipment and coolant for proper machine operation. Installs or adjusts specified saw blade in machine using hand tools. Sharpen blades or replace defective or work blades.
- May operate CNC equipment.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills and ability to interpret dimensions and measurements accurately.
- Ability to interpret drawing specifications.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Must be able to work independently at times, follow detailed instructions and complete assigned tasks timely.
- Must be able to operate equipment such as a saw machine, overhead crane and machining equipment according to company and OSHA safety standards.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60 lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching and handling.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position, benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled