At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Analyzes drawings, sketches and design data of part to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts, and machine speed and feed rates, in order to create online and offline machining programs required to machine parts.
- Writes machine shop set-up sheets which include cutting tools, special tooling and fixtures required to machine parts.
- Writes machine shop traveler to create sequence of machining operations required to machine parts.
- Responsible for tool crib which includes requisitioning cutting tools and maintaining inventory. Organizes and issues tooling for all machine jobs.
- Utilizing a DNC server, organizes and stores all machining programs in a logical manner so that they are readily accessible for importing and exporting to various machines.
- Works with machinists to ensure correct set-up and machining of part.
- May provide backup duties to Machine Shop management such as coordinating Machine Shop floor activities, communicating schedules, assisting Machinist, and manual programming and editing of machines.
- May machine parts according to shop drawing specifications. Measures and marks material for reference points and dimensions to assist in the accurate machining of parts.
- May perform in process inspection of parts to verify accurate measurement, dimensions and tolerances using standard inspection equipment and measuring devices.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Advanced programming knowledge with Edge Cam or equivalent software. Knowledge of CNC lathes, mills, and digital tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary both in verbal and written format.
- 7 years prior work experience machining parts including CNC programming experience and reading and understanding blueprints.
- Strong mathematical skills to understand dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints and maintain specified dimensional accuracy of machines parts.
- Must maintain a positive attitude with the ability to stay on schedule and assigned jobs.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, climbing, bending, reaching and handling.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required