Supervisor, Liability Claims
Are you an experienced Claims Supervisor looking to work for an industry leader who offers stability, work-life balance, personal development opportunities, and advancement to management?
As a Liability Claims Supervisor with Great West Casualty Company, you will develop and appraise the performance of an assigned group of liability adjusters, review and audit files for compliance, train and coach employees, verify accuracy of reserve limits set by adjusters, and provide guidance to adjusters when necessary during investigation, negotiation, and settlement of cases.
The ideal candidate will have a background in commercial lines, but we would consider someone from personal lines looking to move to the commercial side for greater exposure. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to maintain a positive attitude. As a leader in our Claims department, you must have the courage to have difficult conversations, be considered approachable, have successful experience coaching and guiding team members, and at the end of the day, are energized by seeing your team succeed.
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience handling liability bodily injury claims.
- Five years of experience as a claims supervisor or manager. At least three years of experience in a progressive leadership role.
- A sound knowledge of and experience in the intricacies of handling claims, including the investigation and evaluation of claims.
- Certifications that are desirable, but not required, include: Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Claims (AIC), or The Institutes Supervisory Management (SM 18-19).
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our large corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Flexible schedules and a 37.5 hour work week for a stable work-life balance
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, military leave, jury duty, and more
- A formalized management development training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Safety, Wellness, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
This position qualifies for relocation assistance.
To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company