Manager, Corporate Coverage
Are you a seasoned attorney looking to advance your career in a results-driven company? Are you a proven leader who has a desire to develop a team of legal experts to meet company needs?
Due to recent promotions within Great West, we currently have an opening for an experiencedManager, Corporate Coverage in our South Sioux City, Nebraska, location. In this position, you will provide guidance and support to manage a top-notch team of coverage attorneys handling corporate coverage opinions for trucking claims across the country. This position qualifies for our robust, nationwide relocation package!
- Advise claims management and employees with respect to legal issues that apply to their claims.
- Assist coverage attorneys with preparing coverage opinions and provide guidance as needed.
- Educate and train staff on coverage issues and claims handling practices based on company standards.
- Foster efficient and appropriate claims practices across the company.
- Oversee litigation, collaborate with claims managers, and supervise outside counsel on complex claims.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Juris Doctor degree. You must be licensed to practice in at least one state. CPCU/AIC designations helpful.
- 10+ years of experience in a progressive, legal role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Minimum of 5 years in a supervisory or management position with an emphasis on coaching and developing staff.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Exposure to bodily injury claims and corporate coverage opinions.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to adapt quickly to situations that require immediate attention.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave
- A formalized training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Safety, and Wellness, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our websitewww.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company