Are you a high performing, agile learner with a desire to learn the ins and outs of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)? Would you like to be a part of a collaborative internal audit team at a stable company?
We are now hiring an Internal Auditor for our Corporate Office located in South Sioux City, Nebraska. The audit function is the personal eyes and ears of Senior Management and the Audit Committee on behalf of the Board of Directors. This includes developing relationships with clients while maintaining independence and utilizing communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills to help management recognize the exposures and gaps in controls as the results of audits and other projects. You will audit the design, efficiency, and effectiveness of internal controls used to provide reasonable assurance that the company's goals are achieved. This position will have regular contact with employees, members of management, and officers of Great West Casualty Company and Old Republic Insurance Company affiliates as well as external auditors, regulators, and third-party administrators.
- A CIA, CISA, or CPA certification or are willing to obtain.
- Prior internal audit experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to travel domestically up to 25 percent of the time, possess a passport, and be eligible to travel internationally to Canada.
- Can effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of the organization in person and in writing.
- Display proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook. Access database knowledge is a plus.
- Thrive on problem solving, fine details, and data analysis in a team environment.
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Possess high ethics, high passion, and high motivation.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our large corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Flexible schedules for a stable work-life balance
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, military leave, jury duty, and more
- A formalized management development training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Safety, Wellness, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
This position qualifies for relocation assistance.
To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company