Commercial Underwriting Manager - Central Region
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing, stable industry leader where you will directly contribute to the long-term success of a company?
Due to an internal promotion, we now have an excellent opportunity for an Underwriting Managerin our South Sioux City, Nebraska, office. Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our large corporate headquarters and our central regional office. The "Siouxland" community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work. This position qualifies for our robust, nationwide relocation package!
As an Underwriting Manager, you will lead and coach a team of underwriters in our central regional office, as a part of a stable, strengths-based corporation focused on personal growth. You will use your expertise to build strong relationships and effectively communicate Great West's mission of unequalled service as one the nation's largest commercial auto insurers. You will collaborate with our regional Executive Vice President to manage growth, profitability and outcomes. Your industry knowledge and ability to gain buy-in are key to succeeding in this exciting position.
- Collaborate with supervisors to set performance standards and review trends to drive best practices.
- Develop continual and growing sources of profitable business through productive relationships with our agents, insureds, and corporate marketing.
- Lead, engage, develop, and coach a collaborative team of underwriters and supervisors.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- 10 years of professional experience in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Underwriting and prior management or supervisory experience required.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and influence others.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave
- A formalized management development training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Safety, and Wellness, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company