Are you a visionary with an eye toward the future, strategic mindset, and depth of knowledge in the actuarial sciences? Do you aspire to work for a company with aggressive, yet deliberate and profitable growth plans over the next ten years?
We are looking for a new leader to join our management team as our Actuarial Officer. This position reports directly to the President of the company and will influence the overall strategy, plans, and vision for the future. From day one, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on the overall direction of this department and the organization as a whole. Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work. This position offers a robust, nationwide relocation package!
Great West is a subsidiary of Old Republic Insurance Group who is one of the top 35 property/casualty insurers in the United States and is a commercial lines insurance carrier that focuses predominantly on providing liability insurance for specific sectors of the North American economy.
- Manage day-to-day operations.
- Communicate and drive change with business partners outside the Actuarial department.
- Travel to our regional locations to cultivate strong working relationships.
- Explore and implement new products and services.
- Provide sound judgment in setting rates for the company.
- Grow leaders within our seven-person Actuarial department.