Operations Center Specialist
- Remotely monitors and operates industrial equipment. Records, documents and communicates information related to areas such as downtime, out of parameter conditions, testing, CIP and normal production which include startup and shut down of production. Working closely with plant personnel for smooth operation of plant.
- Monitors and communicates information using equipment systems such as graphical computer screens, radio, telephone and email in an efficient and timely manner.
- Follows established action plans, procedures and policies to respond to routine and emergency situations such as plant startup, CIP, and out of parameter conditions.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of graphical systems, working with programmers to maintain an accurate representation of existing systems. Reporting any errors or problems with system and making suggestions for enhancements to current system.
- Receives direction and works closely with lead operations center specialist to optimize effectiveness when dealing with critical or high demand situations and new systems.
- Responsible for the security and safety of people, equipment and property. Monitoring and appropriately responding to situations as needed.
- Responsible for a smooth shift transition to prevent disruption to department and plant operations. Effectively communicating shift activity, problems, etc to next shift.
- May act as a backup to receptionist to answer and transfer calls, relay messages, and receive deliveries and guests as needed. May be required to travel to remote locations and receive on-site training.
- Ability to perform all essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills both in verbal and written form.
- Must be able to work effectively with teams maintaining a cohesive work environment.
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Mechanical and/or electrical background a plus.
- Ability to maintain alertness while sitting for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in low lighting. Constant use of sight and hearing abilities for reviewing documents monitoring computer systems and communication.
- Must be willing and able to work three or four, 12-hour rotating shifts per week including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.