IT Systems Developer
We have a number of openings for IT Systems Developers within our corporate IT office located in South Sioux City, Nebraska. All levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
When you join Great West Casualty Company, you'll work for a stable industry leader who financially supports your pursuit of professional education and certification. The atmosphere is dynamic, with changing priorities that reflect the shifting needs of the business. You will find yourself challenged to stay current with mainstream technologies, explore new and emerging technologies, and learn and apply legacy technologies.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to translate business needs into well-designed software solutions.
- Focus on Java-based programming and web services development.
- Design, build, and maintain IT solutions within project scope, budget, and deadlines.
- Formal education in MIS, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Experience in applications programming or education using Java or other object-oriented languages.
- Proven ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Self-motivated, naturally curious, and eager to learn about emerging technologies.
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Separate paid vacation and paid sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (e.g. Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of healthy lifestyles through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Located at the intersecting points of Nebraska, Iowa, and South Dakota, South Sioux City is the location of our large corporate headquarters and central regional office. The Siouxland community is the perfect example of separate cities, states, and communities coming together to form one great place to live and work.