- Coordinates and performs changes to a variety of databases. Will code, test and implement database changes. Manages company intranet and support of existing and new databases. Activities may include web development, use of programming code, database tools and filters.
- Assist, troubleshoot and train users having problems using computer software or hardware. Makes determination if problem is caused by hardware, software, user or system and initiates proper resolution of problem which may require research or technical support.
- Install, setup, update or repair computer related hardware, software, peripherals and other various devices or products in accordance to company standards and procedures put in place.
- Monitors system reliability and performance in regards to computers, servers, software and other related items. Makes recommendations for improvements or corrects problems based on findings.
- Document procedures for purposes of training, troubleshooting and support. Responsible for keeping current and accurate records incorporating technology changes or other changes that effect current methods and processes.
- May work with consultants on new or updated technologies, equipment and services.
- Maintain scheduled and unscheduled quality system backups. Audit backup tapes to ensure data availability. Perform backups and recovery as directed by management. Maintain backup tape supplies and ensure quality of backup tape performance.
- Maintain support and troubleshoot MS exchange environment. Maintain, support and troubleshoot MS activity directory environment including group policy, account administration, security administration, DNS, VM Ware, SQL and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagrammatic or schedule form.
- Analytical abilities and critical thinking. Troubleshooting and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Working understanding of technology, electronics and software. Above average computer proficiency.
- Working knowledge of database programming such as sequel and visual basics.
- Associates degree in computer field or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 1-3 years relevant computer and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly and effectively both in verbal and in written format.
- Working understanding of technology, electronics, and software. Above average computer proficiency.
- Must be able to work independently at times, follow detailed instructions and complete assigned tasks timely.
- Must be flexible to work any hours and any shift.
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position, benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled