Application Database Administrator
This is the accomplished by:
The use and application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with customers, to determine system functional specifications; design, develop, document, analyze, create, test or modify computer systems, programs, or applications, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications; and the design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs and web applications, including, but not limited to Northeast’s ERP system (Banner), CRM (Salesforce), all websites, user applications, automation systems, integration platforms, portals (SharePoint), and database systems (Oracle, SQL Server).
1. Looks for opportunities to leverage technology to achieve college, division, and academic program objectives.
2. Manages configuration items (CIs) and related information. Investigates and implements tools, techniques and processes for managing CIs and verifies that related information is complete, current and accurate.
3. Works with all Technology Services teams and vendors to ensure the development and production systems and associated processes are up and running at the appropriate times to meet service level agreements.
4. Provides backup administrative support to other Technology Services teammates and the applications for which they are responsible. Provide training and knowledge transfer to peers and others within Technology Services.
5. Develops strong working relationships with vendors. Engage vendors as necessary and serve as a primary point of contact for vendor technical support. Research, test and evaluate vendor software products.
6. Follows Technology Services principles, best practices, and adopted industry standards and frameworks such as ITIL.
7. Participates in and successfully completes all College required training, including, but not limited to discrimination/harassment and code of conduct.
8. May be required to provide 24/7 system support, carry a mobile
communications device and perform duties from remote locations such as home and during business travel.
9. Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
For more information, please visit: https://northeast.peopleadmin.com/postings/3510