Director of Human Resources
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues and makes recommendations to organization. Establish human resource objectives on an on-going basis in line with organizational objectives. Key knowledge resource and advocate for company culture.
- Implement human resource strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Direct Corporate and plant production facility human resource operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling and disciplining staff; monitoring and reviewing staff contributions; continuous monitoring and maintaining human resource programs for effectiveness, resolving problems, designing systems, implementing change.
- Supports management by providing human resource advice, counsel and decisions.
- Guides Management and employees by developing, implementing, communicating and enforcing policies, procedures, methods and guidelines meeting and company’s values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing and adhering to requirements along with advising management of needed actions.
- Plan, develop and manage labor and employee relations activities. Oversee research and communication programs related to labor and employee relations. Participate and advise in the development of long range contract negotiation strategies and coordinate negotiation preparations. Oversee and manage day-to-day contract interpretation and administration. Coordinate grievances and arbitration matters with legal advisors.
- Handles all employment related claims, working closely with company attorneys and ownership for best resolution.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences, seminars and other educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participation in professional organizations.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must have minimum 10 years progressive leadership in HR positions, including 5+ years in a supervisory or management capacity reporting to senior or executive management.
- Proven track record in leading the Human Resource function for results in a growth oriented organization.
- Demonstrated expertise across HR functional areas, with emphasis in HR systems, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, labor relations, training.
- In depth knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
- HR operational management experience including compliance and project management experience with implementing HR technology solutions.
- Ability to maintain focus and provide necessary follow-up in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Critical thinking, strong analytical and problem solving ability, able to organize and shape practical solutions to complex issues or problems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required. Must have the ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion. Ability to speak effectively in large group settings.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.