- Supervise, train, and evaluate Quality Assurance inspection personnel. Will provide input regarding administration of personnel functions including selection and hiring, performance evaluations and salary adjustments.
- Responsible for an efficient and timely transition from production to sanitation process. Ensures efficient shift change and full communication of related items to supervisors. This includes accurate and timely data entry in to log books, spreadsheets and other recordkeeping mechanisms, along with effective verbal communication to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures equipment is assembled, disassembled and cleaned properly and is ready for production. Responsible at all times for maintaining high standards of safety and plant cleanliness meeting or exceeding all Company and quality control program guidelines and requirements.
- Performs audits and inspections to ensure quality assurance activities are being performed effectively, accurately and in a timely manner meeting or exceeding Company’s compliance guidelines. Activities include sampling efforts, labeling compliance, inspection of equipment and facility, inventory audits, etc.
- Ensures raw material and equipment are prepared for inspection meeting or exceeding all sanitation guidelines. May act as a liaison with USDA to maintain compliance with all quality control programs such as SOP, SSOP, HACCP and grade labeling programs.
- Immediately reports or corrects any production problems during shift. Communicates to plant management any issues requiring special attention during shift. Communicates with both maintenance and production management to coordinate activities.
- Provide continuous inspection of all plant conditions and report issues to Quality Assurance Superintendent for daily group discussion. This includes monitoring and inspecting equipment operations to ensure that safe operating standards are followed and that strict sanitation and cleanliness requirements are met.
- Supervise and may perform shipping, receiving and inventory control functions. May perform backup coverage to other areas as needed.
- Audits paperwork and ensures proper communication to personnel has occurred. Responsible for the proper maintaining and retention of quality assurance documents.
- Ability to perform all essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise a complex technical operation; communicate clearly and effectively; collect analyze, and interpret data from a wide variety of sources.
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP, SSOP, GMP and other food safety programs.
- Minimum of one year plant production experience or equivalent required. Experience in a supervisory or leadership role preferred.
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.