The incumbent in this position is responsible for managing food and beverage operations for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino including casino and restaurant bars, service bars, and cocktail service to ensure profitable operation and the achievement of customer service goals. He/she is accountable for cross-functional partnerships as well as responsible to lead, inspire and develop his/her constituents.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.
- Hire, train, motivate, evaluate, and manage Food & Beverage and related management staff in order to ensure that employees receive adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Monitor daily scheduling processes to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain customer service levels and profit goals.
- Monitor and evaluate all department daily activities in order to ensure the successful day-today management of all beverage and related operations.
- Establish department standards, guidelines, and objectives and maintain other administrative processes such as budget and staffing to ensure proper planning and efficient operation of beverage and related function.
- Evaluate performance of Food & Beverage outlets by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, revenue, and cost in order to implement necessary changes to allow the most successful operation of services and fulfillment of company objectives.
- Advise organization in Food & Beverage-related issues, such as the planning of special events in order to provide the expertise needed for successful implementation of plans.
Must have ability to:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise and smoke, the severity of which depends on customer volume.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as customers.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
Knowledge of the gaming industry and strong public relations skills are required. Experience with beverage operations in a multi-outlet or casino environment preferred. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school degree or equivalent. Business related college courses preferred, as well as five years of beverage operations background in a multi-outlet or casino environment. At least three years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following
responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.