Product Availability Supervisor
- Responsible for management of yard. Will monitor and evaluate product security/protection services. Establish and maintain inventory control processes and maximize assets utilization. Will develop and implement operational changes and provide training to employees as needed.
- Responsible for box beef receiving. Will maximize receiving capacity each day. Will minimize administrative costs and errors. Develop and implement put-away strategy for fresh and frozen products. Develop, implement and maintain company “best practices” for chilling and thawing raw material.
- Manage dock operations. Oversight of receiving and product availability for raw materials and finished product across all shifts. Ensures effective and timely finish product transfer to DCS. Makes best use of returnable/reusable combos and pallets. Will develop and implement operational changes and provide training to employees as needed.
- Ensures efficient productivity. Develops and implement best practices for material handling, storage and retrieval. Develops and uses standards to measure and track progress, errors and reliability.
- Clarifies goals and needed changes for dock personnel. Sets expectations and leads by example across all shifts. Will develop and implement operational changes and provide training to employees as needed.
- Communicates effectively and is able to ask the right questions to find out root causes of issues and will help the company reach appropriate solutions.
- Improves quality of operator inspections (forklift). Ensures completion of dock and other equipment pm’s. Manages upkeep of AGV’s and forklifts (inspection, clean and ready). May assist in selecting appropriate material handling equipment. Will develop and implement operational changes and provide training to employees as needed.
- Responsible for sanitation processes. Cleaning and sanitation of dock and raw material storage areas. Completion of coil and equipment CIP’s. Will develop and implement operational changes and provide training to employees as needed.
- Knows how to leverage technology as tools in improving processes: quality, simplicity, and quantity of daily work.
- Assist and lead future projects such as customer order fulfillment implementation of pick areas, mass storage layouts, pick strategy, order fulfillment tools, staffing, training, and startup.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supervisor and leadership skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude or background in working with precision machine parts.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Organized with the ability to work independently.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees in verbal and written form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.