Maintenance - Residence Life Emphasis
The purpose of this position is to perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of college facilities, buildings and equipment under general supervision, primarily in the residence life housing and cafeteria operations. This position provides assistance to other physical plant staff and performs all other duties as assigned. Develops and maintains a good relationship with the campus community and students. Willing to be available at off hours as needed for increased workloads, on call periods and emergencies. This position will be housed in residence life buildings and have a regular work schedule of 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm Monday through Friday.
A High School Diploma is required.
E.P.A. Refrigerant Certification; HVACR Diploma; Valid Driver’s License are also required.
An Associate’s Degree in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning is preferred.
Requires up to one year of experience in a related maintenance or HVAC field.
- Read and work from blueprints, shop drawings and schematics.
- Perform electrical and plumbing work related to refrigeration and temperature control equipment.
- Work with all types of refrigerants, gases, welding equipment, tools and test equipment.
- Make all necessary tests and calibration for installation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Maintain operation and control of air handling systems.
- Install and maintain all types of air conditioning, refrigeration and temperature controls equipment.
- Must be able to work safely in varying temperature extremes since equipment is often located on roof tops and other unconditioned spaces. Safely work off ladders, scaffolding, platforms, and other types of lifts.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must perform all work in a safe and professional manner.
This position is in Salary Grade 212 with a minimum salary of $17.78 per hour. The successful candidate’s salary will be calculated based on education and experience within the salary grade range. This position is eligible for the College’s excellent full-time fringe benefits package. Hours for the position are 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://northeast.peopleadmin.com/postings/3816