At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Responsible for processing work orders and performing daily preventative maintenance tasks according to procedures and schedules.
- Repair, service, adjust, test equipment such as air systems, refrigeration units, hydraulic tanks, compressors and condensers.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment effectively and efficiently while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- Will utilize both hand and power tools effectively while maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- May operate forklifts, hoists, and other heavy equipment.
- Immediately reports or repairs any problem noted during shift. Communicates to maintenance management for direction or coordination of activities.
- Will maintain the integrity and follow procedures and processes put into place by ownership.
- Will be required to learn all aspects, and be knowledgeable of all systems as it pertains to the facility to advance in level and compensation.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Above average mechanical background and experience in servicing precision machine parts.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Position requires strong observation, analytical and evaluating skills to report on and troubleshoot various types of precision equipment.
- Qualified applicants must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain certification to operate material handling equipment (forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required