- Participate in learning key manufacturing processes and programs. Become proficient in front-line and management operation roles to understand equipment, processes, people, and pace. Engage in activities designed to develop and prepare individuals to grow into assignments of increasing responsibility and leadership requirements.
- Become proficient in quality assurance roles. Assist Quality Assurance in the development of new products, processes, quality specifications, monitoring of raw materials, and continuous improvement activities. Will learn how to establish and communicate new procedures.
- Upon a thorough understanding of how processes work, will participate with Leadership to understand how to sustain and enhance production capacity or distribution capacity in order to support sales volume requirements. Assignments to translate and execute with workforce, will further develop technical and people skill sets.
- Work with plant Safety to support improvement in safety and regulatory program effectiveness.
- Develop, improve, and present technical information to educate and improve the effectiveness of employees and best practices. When technically proficient, begin educating and coaching others.
- Will perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed. Must be willing and able to travel.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strong foundation in mathematics, business and sciences.
- Proven problem-solving and critical thinking ability, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functional areas and with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, proactive individual who will constantly seek improvement opportunities.
- Strong proficiency in use of computers. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred. Ability to quickly become proficient in software relevant job focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively. Able to interpret information accurately. Proven technical writing ability. Able to present factual information with conviction.
- Previous internship or co-op with the company preferred. Evidence of a leadership role is a plus.
- Must possess formal education or relevant job experience enabling individual’s ability to excel and progress in roles with increasing responsibility and impact.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.