LaunchPAD Children’s Museum has an immediate opening for an Executive Director to lead the museum into its next stage of growth and development. The ideal Executive Director will create, lead and implement the institution’s mission to be Siouxland’s champion of educational play and discovery.
This person is great at establishing relationships with donors, operates on logic, is creative, and can deal with the stress and pressure of managing a non-profit organization. They are accountable for the profit and loss and responsible for the overall business plan of the museum.
ABOUT THE JOB (RESPONSIBILITIES)
The responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivate and engage relationships with diverse constituents, including individuals, corporations, foundations, other nonprofit organizations, government agencies and local and regional educational institutions.
- Drive sustainable growth and profits. Strong focus on donor relations.
- Demonstrate progressive leadership experience in the education, nonprofit, corporate and government sectors.
- Communicate and elevate the museum's mission, presence and brand locally and regionally.
- Manage people and operations while empowering, motivating and mentoring subordinates.
- Quickly identify and articulate problems, bottlenecks, disconnects, roadblocks and barriers.
- Set priorities and present issues and recommendations for Board review, discussion, input and action.
- 4-Year Degree
- Experience as Executive Director or similar role
- Experience with grant writing
- Excellent at managing teams
- Willingness to engage within the community and attend events as necessary
- Experience with fundraising
- Superior professionalism
- Positive and creative