Nightlife Events Coordinator
The nightlife events coordinator will be responsible to maximize revenue opportunities through the creation of promotions and events with vendor partners. In addition, he/she will coordinate, plan and execute such special events for designated venues. Works closely with individual vendors, event planners and other departments to see each event through.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Plans, coordinates and follows-through with details in all aspects of executing events, including payment, travel, hotel accommodations and any other arrangements needed for talent, contests and giveaways.
- Manage all accounts payable for talent, vendors and all independent contracted employees including Hosts, DJ’s, Street Team, dancers, photographers, etc.
- Partner with vendors to maximize revenue opportunities while complying with a rules, regulations and laws.
- Fill in as Food and Beverage Shift Manager when needed
- Accountable for personal productivity and sales to ensure company goals are achieved
- Monitor and ensure exceptional Client service and Client satisfaction
- Consider internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions
- Recognize strategic opportunities for success and generate new and innovative ideas
- Demonstrate professionalism, leadership, brand passion and self-confidence
- Maintain a positive and enthusiastic attitude for extended periods of time
- Recruit and retain world class talent through coaching and counseling
- Foster a service environment
- Build consensus and be an effective change agent
- Respect diversity and flex managerial style when working with associates of different skills and responsibilities
- Provide timely performance feedback regarding store team to support departments
- Implement and ensure follow-through of visual presentation standards
- Ensure that all associates meet the appearance guidelines and represent the brand in a professional and fashionable manner
- Ensure loss prevention awareness and shrink control
- Adhere to all the Property’s policies and operational procedures; ensure follow through of operational standards
- Meet deadlines within the time allotted
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Must have ability to:
- Work under the pressure of a deadline
- Retain information and operate in an organized and timely manor
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to computer keyboard.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with vendors, customers and all levels of employees.
- Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Twist, lift up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 20 pounds in order to create merchandise displays, maintain inventory levels, and perform other job duties.
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Manage and motivate employees.
- Ability to work varying days and hours, based on the needs of the business.
A minimum of 1 year of retail nightlife experience with guest service, results reporting, inventory, and merchandising. Strong computer skills for managing schedules and reporting results via on-line systems. Ability to drive measurable, sustainable sales results.
Strong coaching and performance management skills. Effective, proven leadership skills and the ability to build morale and motivate sales based team of employees to achieve program goals and objectives.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Ability to obtain an Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission (IRGC) license, arranged for by employer upon offer of employment.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.