Refrigeration Engineering Manager
- Highly knowledgeable and responsible for company’s refrigeration equipment and processes. Understands direction and priorities of company. Is able to leverage knowledge to be a key resource for providing solutions, educate management and direct activities which involve refrigeration systems and processes.
- Design and implement refrigeration systems to meet business objectives which include new and existing systems. Will develop scope, budget, and timeline, and manage projects to completion, also assist with install and startup and provide help and guidance in operation of new systems.
- Determine and implement preventative maintenance programs for new and existing refrigeration systems. Required to audit preventative maintenance tasks and ensure tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- Takes a leadership role to ensure internal and external personnel are appropriately and continually trained or certified to perform all aspects of refrigeration work that meet company standards and expectations. Training also includes staying informed and training ASRAE and OSHA guidelines and other applicable codes. In conjunction with the Safety Department maintain required documentation for required safety training.
- Required to take immediate action to analyze, troubleshoot and implement solutions to correct refrigeration issues quickly and effectively. Will take a proactive approach to implement sustainable solutions for challenging or chronic issues.
- Continually develops vendor base and establishes long term relationships with vendors who deliver high quality, consistent work and products and consistently meet schedule requirements.
- Ensures quality and safety requirements are consistently met for all refrigeration systems from both internal and external resources.
- Aggressively seeks out and keeps informed on changes within the industry regarding refrigeration methods, products, processes, equipment and technology as it relates to our business. On an on-going basis will educate management and provide recommendation for change appropriate to meet business objectives and goals.
- Assist with department organization and staffing. Will delegate tasks and projects and will set timelines and schedules to ensure overall success of projects. Trains and mentors staff to ensure achievement of individuals highest potential. Will recommend training plans and tools for continued success.
- Provide oversight and leadership to engage refrigeration mechanics in career development and progression. Will mentor and train team to build technical competencies and skills required for continued success. Position will be involved in recruiting and hiring for department through participation in performance reviews, interview and selection processes.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to supervise people and foster a team environment.
- Self-driven and results oriented with the ability to execute independently when required.
- Is assertive and has the ability to collaborate with all appropriate recourses resulting in operational success.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage people, priorities, schedules and timelines.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Project Management background required and highly knowledgeable in refrigeration systems including safety guidelines and applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees as necessary both verbal and in written form.
- 10 plus years related industry work experience in managing complex refrigeration systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience and verifiable ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.