Process Technology Leader
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Provide oversight and leadership role for technology and the people who support it. Define the roles that are needed to support and operate technologies employed. Improve operator, supervisor, technician, and mechanic technical skills to properly support new technology platforms. Mentoring to make sure all people are successful.
- Determine PM strategies and ensures implementation of the right PM tasks including selection of appropriate trainees, skill building and teaching of how to perform the tasks. Ensures that there are no gaps between expectations and execution. Is an assertive participant in continuous development of best practices and technology updates to support technology platforms.
- Ensures that priorities align with business objectives. As required, interfaces with customer site(s) personnel and contractors representing our company. Summarizes details into concise statements and action plans. Quickly troubleshoots complex process and equipment problems. Initiates changes to equipment or processes by isolating the problem, educating leadership on nature of issue, and seeking agreement on improvement strategy. Initiates changes to equipment or processes by isolating the problem, educating leadership on nature of issue, and seeking agreement on improvement strategy.
- Trains and mentors to ensure Technical Competency of Support Personnel and achievement of highest potential. Demonstrates standard troubleshooting approaches to others.
- Develop training programs and strategies to build competency in others. Demonstrate standard troubleshooting approaches. Research and coordinate training resources to bring in house. Convert external documents into tools for staff to enable long term sustainability of knowledge. Develops and documents new troubleshooting methods, preventative maintenance requirements and schedules, and best practice to provide long-term consistency and best practice solutions.
- Determines best implementation strategies to ensure priorities and business objectives are met.
- Converts external documents into tools for operators and support staff enabling long-term sustainability of knowledge base. Documents troubleshooting methods so that technical skills and knowledge are transferrable and scalable.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead people and foster a team environment. Self-driven and results oriented with the ability to execute independently when required.
- Is assertive and has ability to collaborate and coordinate with all appropriate resources resulting in operational success.
- Skilled in training others, organized and able to manage projects, schedule and delegate.
- Ability to read drawings, strong mechanical aptitude; basic electrical knowledge; good observation skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees as necessary both verbal and in written form. Must be able to speak with conviction.
- 5 plus years related engineering or electrical mechanical work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience and verifiable ability to perform essential job functions.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required