Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Highly knowledgeable in company’s key equipment and processes. Understands direction and priorities of company. Is able to leverage knowledge to be a key resource for providing manufacturing solutions and directing manufacturing activities.
- Develops manufacturing vendor base and establishes long term relationships with vendors who deliver high quality, consistent work and products and consistently meets schedule requirements.
- Highly capable and is creative in finding and developing resources for challenging manufacturing projects, problems, etc.
- Evaluate and determine current and future needs for machine shop based on company objectives. Position will recommend and implement changes in a variety of areas that include the machine shop, equipment and technology improvements, staffing and talent needs in order to meet company objectives.
- Is knowledgeable on a variety of manufacturing processes and continues to aggressively seek out new methods and educate management on new technologies and processes. Utilizes knowledge to optimize company’s manufacturing processes. Will work with vendors to come up with viable and effective manufacturing solutions.
- Is a key contributor in developing and leading best practice methods for in-house manufacturing. Areas include but are not limited to manufacturing methods, training and technology.
- Highly capable to analyze project requirements and make recommendations for engineering product designs, developing or recommending tooling and fixturing, vendor choice, cost control, etc.
- Ensures quality requirements are consistently met for all manufacturing parts from both internal and external vendor sources. Ability to investigate and resolve operational problems such as material issues, fabrications issues and scheduling issues. Recommend solutions to management which also include solutions to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Will determine manufacturing routing process from post design stage through material, vendor, tooling and shipping stages. Implement and ensure manufacturing schedules support business objective.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lead people and foster a team environment.
- Self-driven and results oriented with the ability to execute independently when required.
- Assertive with ability to collaborate and coordinate with all appropriate resources.
- Project management background required.
- Must be highly knowledgeable in manufacturing processes, equipment and technology.
- Knowledge of NC programming, cutting tools, selection and cost control.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees as necessary both verbal and in written form.
- 7 plus years design and quality control experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferably within a food manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience and verifiable ability to perform job functions.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.