Machine Design Engineer
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Works independently to develop designs from high level concepts. Manages processes from conception to design completion and manufacturing preparation.
- Applies engineering principals to design, develop, or modify parts and machine equipment.
- Analyzes various design project requirements and collaborates with management on design iterations to achieve final objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate engineering principles are applied which may include various calculations such as strength of materials, weights, forces and stresses.
- Responsible for the creation of detailed manufacturing plans to achieve detailed design which includes bill of materials, assembly guides, drawings and manufacturing routing.
- Provides oversight and general supervision to drafters and may also delegate tasks and projects.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with inventor and AutoCAD or other CAD/solid modeling applications a must.
- 2 plus years of relevant mechanical design experience preferred.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors as necessary, both verbally and in written form.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work with verbal and written direction.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required