Machine Design Engineer
- Works independently to develop detailed design from high level concept. Manages process from conception to design completion and manufacturing prep.
- Applies engineering principals to design, develop, or modify parts and machine equipment.
- Analyzes various design project requirements, collaborates with management on design iterations to achieve final objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate engineering principles are applied which may include various calculations such as strength of materials, weights, forces and stresses.
- Responsible for the creation of detailed manufacturing plans to achieve detailed design which includes bill of materials, assembly guides, drawings and manufacturing routing.
- Provides oversight and general supervision to drafters, may also delegate tasks and projects.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Complex problem solving, must be self-motivated and detail oriented with above average mechanical skills.
- Advanced mathematics.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to apply engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
- Experience in computer aided drafting software including 3-D Modeling.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and outside vendors as necessary, both verbally and in written form. Must be able to present information clearly and concisely and be able to work in a strong team environment.
- 1 year’s relevant experience within the industry desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from four-year College or University preferred. Well-rounded, practical experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.