Director, Food Technology
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
- Leads focused workgroups and integration teams to commission systems on customer sites. Analyze site requirements and restrictions for design specifications. Will work closely with in-house design team to develop scope of project and specifications and timelines.
- Will act as primary interface to customer in building relationship, working through scope, schedule and budgets. Will be responsible to identify and engage with high potential customers to secure sales of new systems.
- Develop a model to effectively deliver systems to market. Align strategies to deliver, integrate and commission systems to customers within scope, budget and timeline. Will manage integration process and commissioning to guarantee a high level of customer satisfaction, this includes quickly identifying and resolution of quality defects, changes, etc. in every phase of project.
- Develop key supplier relationships. Working with internal manufacturing and procurement resources as well as system and control resources to develop and maintain systems to ensure reliable delivery within scope, budget and timeline to support integration and commissioning of systems. Develop strategies that ensure company priorities are not at conflict with customer commitments and schedules.
- Ensure brand development of empirical systems. Ensure the highest of quality in service and systems which include but are not limited to a high level of communication, requirements analysis, system construction, deployment schedule, ongoing maintenance and reliability and most important effectiveness.
- Work and communicate closely with management to develop business model and deployment plan for all current and future technology. Ensure that deployments are consistent with agreed upon model to include prevention of scope creep.
- Develop and manage a team of technical support resources which may include operations management for customer site deployments.
- Develop strategies to analyze capability for maintaining and operating empirical technology. Develop strong customized support and operational structures for successful deployments and on-going maintenance and support.
- Required to travel for extended periods of time. Must maintain a valid, unexpired driver’s license, pass a motor vehicle record check and remain insurable at all times through company insurance program.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strong ability to plan, coordinate and direct varied and complex operations.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors and all levels of employees as necessary both verbally and in written form. Ability to maintain confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Strong mechanical aptitude or background in working with precision machine parts.
- Basic math skills; Effective problem solving skills required.
- Ability to work and develop successful employees, fostering and leading in an environment of cooperation.
- Minimum 7 years relative industry experience including supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent preferred. Well rounded, practical experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
To learn more about this opportunity visit www.empiricalfoods.com or call (605) 217-8000.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required