Assembly Electromechanical Technician
- Maintain, install and troubleshoot industrial electronic equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, communication cables, power distribution cables and wiring as required. Reports to and communicates with management on projects or problems relative to plant
- Assemble and disassemble equipment effectively and efficiently while maintaining and establishing high maintenance standards. Ensuring all procedures are carefully followed.
- Assist as directed in production start-up and shut-down activities, and R&D testing activities which may include wiring, unwiring and troubleshooting equipment and systems.
- Responding and providing corrective action to alarms or out of parameter readings. Activities may include reviewing control logic, checking set points and testing electrical wiring.
- Accurately maintains company required performance and maintenance records for electronic and electrical equipment.
- Monitor usage of various systems. Repair of lights, replacing bulbs and lines as needed.
- Ensures all tasks are performed and completed in a timely manner. Must take responsibility for all actions. Performing required preventative maintenance tasks such as checking or changing filters, testing water tanks, verify scale weight accuracy, checking print and apply label systems, etc.
- Provides a quick response to equipment problems to keep vital machinery operational. Provide proactive response to uncompleted projects or potential issues or hazards observed. Constantly observing plant conditions to ensure plant production runs efficiently.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- An above average understanding of basic electrical concept including the use of various test equipment.
- Above average mechanical background and experience in servicing precision machine parts.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints.
- Position requires strong observation, analytical and evaluating skills to report on and troubleshoot various types of precision equipment.
- Qualified applicants must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain certification to operate material handling equipment (forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing and lifting.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position, benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled