Automotive Technology Instructor
Full-Time Faculty – Automotive Technology Instructor
The purpose of this position is to provide basic, intermediate, and advanced training and assessment in automotive repair principles and practices. This may include training in topics related to manual and automatic transmissions, engine repair and diagnostics, differential and drive axle assemblies, and advanced environmental systems. This is accomplished by maintaining requisite office hours; providing academic advisement to students; serving on college committees; attending meetings; participating in professional development activities; and performing all instructional-related activities as directed within the policies, guidelines, and regulations of Northeast Community College.
• Five full-time (or equivalent) years of verified, related paid work experience as an automotive repair technician with experience in automotive transmissions, engines, and electronics.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) master certification or ability to obtain within 3 years of employment.
• Strong knowledge of automotive principles and ability to participate in automotive requirements to maintain ASE Education Foundation accreditation standards.
• Three years of experience as a trainer/mentor within industry or an educator.
• Strong knowledge of automotive principles.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, primarily Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and team building skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college.
-Candidates selected for an interview will be required to present a 15-20 minute teaching demonstration focusing on the subject matter of the position.
-Salary is based on the faculty salary schedule. This position is eligible for Northeast Community College’s excellent fringe benefits package.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://northeast.peopleadmin.com/postings/3869