Lead Fun Fanatic- Guest services manager
Lead Fun Fanatic help ensure children and adults have a highly interactive and educational play experience while at LaunchPAD. Lead Fun Fanatic also enhances the guest experience by maintaining excellent customer service standards and communicating museum offerings, programs and services. LaunchPAD learning experiences are focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM). The Lead Fun Fanatic reports to the Museum Operations Manager.
This position requires a flexible work schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays at times.
- Greet members, volunteers, and guests, as well as groups and individuals arriving for field trips, tours, meetings, and events. Actively engage guests to enhance their experience at LaunchPAD and respond promptly to their needs and requests for information.
- Model positive, educational, creative and respectful interactions with children and their caregivers.
- Ensure museum high standards, i.e. museum manners, safety, and sanitation requirements. Organize, clean, and monitor exhibits to ensure they are presentable and safe.
- Accept payment for refreshments and retail products. Ensure proper accounting of cash and credit receipts. Maintain accurate information in point of sale system .
- Provide information on membership, upcoming programs and events. Actively sell these opportunities to guests.
- Maintain high standards of museum cleanliness, sanitation and exhibit operation. Communicate with appropriate staff about needs which need to be addressed.
- Serve as a document custodian for all printed materials on the exhibit floor; restock materials as needed; ensure materials are in line with the LaunchPAD mission and standards.
- Participate in team meetings. Advise senior leadership on logistical, operational and guest issues, along with opportunities surrounding revenue and guest experience.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Museums Operations Manager, the Education Manager or the Executive Director.