We have an excellent opportunity for a Trimmer Operator on our concrete team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely operate machine that trims and levels sub-grade of highways and streets or to spread and smooth freshly placed sub-base material for construction paving projects.
1. Over 1 month up to and including 3 months from school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment.
2. Reasoning ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations
3. Passive vocabulary, read at rate of 190-215 words per minute. Speak clearly and distinctly.
4. Add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure including decimal fractions.
5. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) of equipment.
3. Safely and properly operate equipment (including starting engine, running augers and shifting gears to control machine). Controls depth of grade being cut and amount of material being belted away. Observes distribution of aggregate material and controls direction of machine.
4. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
5. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
6. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
7. Frequently working in an environment with: Exposure to varying elements and all weather conditions, loud noises, vibration, reaching, handling, fingering, and a need for near & far acuity and depth perception.
Occasionally working in an environment with: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, hearing.
8. While performing daily tasks, may be required to sit, climb, and/or lift 25-50 lbs occasionally, 10-25 lbs frequently and up to 10 lbs constantly.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.