Traffic Control Supervisor
We have an excellent opportunity for a Traffic Control Supervisor on our asphalt team that will work in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage traffic control and flaggers to keep operations moving in a timely manner. Also complete various laborer and small equipment operation tasks to produce quality asphalt paving.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Equipment maintenance and operation.
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely perform labor tasks including any of the following:
2. Setting up and taking down traffic control signs.
3. Coordinate with flaggers and pilot car.
4. Place string line within job specs.
5. Levels blacktop using lute.
6. Effetely communicate with supervisor and other employees.
7. Performs flagging duties as needed.
8. May operate small powered hand tools.
9. May operate small equipment including skidsteer, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
10. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as skidsteer, tractor, jackhammer, roller, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer, steel drum or rubber tire roller.
11. Remove road joints.
12. Hook up and unhook small trailer to pick-up.
13. Fill sand bags.
14. Able to operate skidsteer for clean-up of materials.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.