String Line Laborer
We have an excellent opportunity for a String Line Laborer on our traveling concrete team that works in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Ability to set grade string to predetermined height using level and ruler for concrete paver and trimmer. To complete various laborer and small equipment operation tasks to produce quality concrete projects.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Equipment maintenance and operation.
3. Class A CDL License Preferred.
4. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
5. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely perform labor tasks including any of the following:
2. Ability to add and subtract and cut and fill grade.
3. Understand how to read and use a 100’s ruler.
4. Understand and operate total station and digital leveling equipment.
5. Understand how to place hubs.
6. Measures distance from grade stakes, drive stakes and stretch tight line.
7. Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
8. Levels earth using pick or shovel.
9. Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms.
10. Ability to eye-ball the line to find and fix any variations.
11. May operate small powered hand tools.
12. May operate small equipment including skid steer, tractor, or side by side or move from one site to another.
13. Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as skid steer, tractor, jackhammer, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer.
14. Hook up and unhook small trailer to pick-up.
15. Able to operate skidsteer for clean-up of materials.
16. Able to drive truck/skidsteer trailer combination to transport skidsteers and other equipment and material from site to site (CDL license).
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.