- Management of equipment and construction projects including installation, implementation, and start up for the following areas: mechanical, food processing flow, material handling, HVAC, refrigeration, civil, buildings (structure and finishing), equipment installs, and construction.
- Provide necessary management oversight for maintenance activities. Consult with engineering, operating, maintenance and construction personnel as required during the course of a project. Leverage opportunities to improve capability of people involved with installation, maintenance, support or operation of equipment.
- Manage contract personnel and projects in and effecting any and all aspects of the plant. Including overseeing activities of subcontractors, immediately reporting on any issues that may impact the project or the company such as safety issues, scheduling issues, quality of work, conformance to blueprints, change orders, etc.
- Oversees construction activities on a daily basis. With the use of independent judgment and discretion this position investigates all construction related problems and takes appropriate action to resolve issue. Communicates to management any activities impacting production scheduling and coordinates accordingly. Must learn and be knowledgeable in all aspects of assigned projects.
- Responsible for timely and accurate ordering of tools and materials, along with tracking, receiving and inventory of materials. Ensuring that all tools, materials and people resources are available so that tasks are performed completely, timely and properly.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prior supervisory or project management experience in a related field preferred.
- Able to read and understand a blueprint.
- Strong mechanical and/or electro-mechanical background and experience.
- Must have strong analytical and evaluation skills for troubleshooting and problem solving. Must have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and in written form.
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, twisting, reaching, bending, and lifting.
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Interested applicants should visit our website at www.beefproducts.com and submit a resume, or for questions contact the Staffing Department at: 605-217-8000.
BPI is a growing company known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacations and Holidays.
BPI is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. BPI prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.