Mechanic- Heavy Duty
We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanic - Heavy Duty on our Maintenance team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible for safely keeping trucks and equipment running, and maintained properly..
1. Over 2 years up to and including 4 years from post high school, work, military, institutional or vocational environment in mechanic field or maintaining road construction equipment with demonstrated mechanical knowledge to diagnose component, troubleshoot, repair, communicate and document.
2. Mechanical experience - diesel engine preferred.
3. Provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card, and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for performing maintenance and repairs of a significant nature on trucks and all types of equipment, and/or assisting with repairs/improvements/maintenance of trucks and equipment to assure it is in safe working condition.
2. Safely operate equipment, standard and specialty tools, welders, hoists and other lifting devices, etc., on a daily basis.
3. Troubleshooting truck and equipment maintenance problems to properly diagnose components to determine method and extent of repair necessary. Read, interpret, analyze and apply information in technical manuals and schematics.
4. Anticipate needed parts and supplies, disassemble truck, equipment and parts, fabricate parts when needed, and reassemble truck, equipment and parts.
5. Use cutting torch and perform welding tasks.
6. Clean work areas.
7. Fill out shop repair orders daily.
8. Drive and maintain mechanic’s truck.
9. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written). Frequent contact and communication with others within and outside the company. Self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently or in a team setting; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
10. Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
11. Accurately complete work orders or other maintenance repair documentation.
12. Ensure OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
13. May be required to operate and maintain company vehicle to perform field service repair, then operate repaired truck and/or equipment to ensure proper working condition after repairs have been completed.
14. Responsible to provide own basic hand tools, pneumatics, and some specialty tools.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.