We have an excellent opportunity for flaggers on our asphalt team that work in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
Responsible to safely control the movement of vehicular traffic through construction projects.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
3. Maintain valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record when pilot car operation required.
4. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely control movement of motoring public through construction site.
2. Discusses traffic routing plans and type of location of control points with supervisor.
3. Directs movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and flag signals.
4. Warns construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
5. Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
6. Records license number of traffic control violation for police.
7. May give hand marker to last driver in line up of one-way traffic for flagger at opposite end of site, signaling clearance for reverse flow of traffic.
8. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss traffic flow problems with work crew and supervisor.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.