Concrete Saw Operator
We have an excellent opportunity for a Concrete Saw Operator on our concrete team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely set up, operate, and tear down concrete saw daily while tracking saw blade footage used. Perform any combination of duties on construction projects usually transferring from one task to another, such as sealing, burlapping, small equipment operation, etc. as needed.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
3. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
4. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Safely perform concrete saw operation, maintenance, set up, and tear down as job requires in various shifts and weather conditions. May need to work overnights and weekends.
2. Safely performs sealing equipment maintenance and operation.
3. Safely and properly operator and maintain (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) small equipment, such as bobcat, tractor, jackhammer, pickup truck.
4. Assist foreman in tracking saw blade footage used.
5. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations, and act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
6. Ensure OSHA, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
7. Perform general concrete set-up and tear-down of forms.
8. Cutting and tying of rebar.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.