We have an excellent opportunity for concrete finisher on our concrete team that work in IA, NE, SD. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete floors, walls, sidewalks or curbs to specified textures using hand tools or power tools including floats, trowels, and screeds. Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
3. Able and willing to travel and work in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
2. Safely and properly perform maintenance.
3. Safely and properly spreads concrete into inaccessible sections of forms using rake or shovel. Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency. Removes rough or defective spots from concrete and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound. Molds expansion joints and may sprinkle chips, powdered steel or coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish. May mix cement and direct subgrade work.
4. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
5. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.).
Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
6. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.