We have an excellent opportunity for a Concrete Dumpman on our concrete team. We offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Responsible to safely operate mechanical or electrical dumping equipment to dump materials such as raw materials, coal or ore from mine cars, trucks into bins or onto conveyer for storage, reloading or further processing.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct trucks when dumping blacktop or aggregate, and engage mechanism to dump truck when appropriate.
2. Perform daily walk-around inspection.
3. Lay string line on paving jobs.
4. Apply temporary lane marking tape.
5. Operate jack hammer on a daily basis.
6. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
7. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
8. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Paid Holidays * Two Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents *
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at http://jobs.mdu.com If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: 2220 Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.